Monday, August 6, 2012

Everyone Wants To Rule the World and oh yeah, The Olympics

It's no secret that I watch ENTIRELY too much television. I mean, really, who needs two DVR's that can record up to 4 shows simultaneously? THIS GIRL.

I'll start with True Blood.... seriously, with only three episodes left, you'd think it would be a little more interesting. I mean, with the whole Lilith thing (ick to the hundredth degree every time she pops up) to Alcide being abjured to the TERRIBLE casting of Sookie's fae cousin and supposed jaw-dropper, Claude to Tara being mad at the world (surprised?) to Bill being a brainwashed Lilith / Salome groupie (not a good look on ANY man)to Terry being haunted by a fire monster that doesn't have anything to do with any of the story lines to Scott Foley (swoon!) being a hateful-bigot jerkface.... really, this season has been lackluster at best. But really, the icing on last night's episode that I cannot stop thinking about? When Arlene gets to Merlotte's, of course she's the only one there... NOBODY EVER WORKS AT MERLOTTE'S...but what is she wearing? A $120 pair of bedazzled jeans that are worthy of The Situation or Sammie Sweetheart from Jersey Shore. Really? C'mon costume department at True Blood... you can do better than this! You know that Backwoods Red-headed Barbie Arlene wouldn't be working at Merlotte's (ahem) and spouting off, "My kids" every 10 seconds if there were designer denim in her closet.

Now, on to the only T.V. worth watching.. The Olympics. We saw a lot of USA pride this weekend, including Phelps' last race ever. For-Eva Eva? (ha ha, OK, I'll stop) But he has stated over and over again that he will not race competitively after the age of 30. Ya hear that Matt Lauer? You can stop asking him now. I counted about `10 different interviews this weekend where he states the same. We. Are. Over. It. #TeamLochte Speaking of the Gator Nation's pretty poster boy... he admits to peeing in the practice pools... ew. Gross. I know, I know, everyone at some point in their lives have peed in a pool... but at the Olympics? Can't you just hold it? Or go in a bush? Lie to me. Too much info, Ryan. But I still have a majorly inappropriate crush on you!

And Usain Bolt's 9.63 second 100 meter dash? Wow... there are no words, other than HE CAN'T BE HUMAN! That's running at Vampire Speed! Special shout out to Sanya Richards-Ross for winning Gold in the Women's 400 Meter. Cheers to you Sanya from the Jag Nation!

That's it for now, don't worry, there is a lot of T.V. left this week- if I can fit it all in.

XO,
KC

No comments: