Friday, December 14, 2012

Sadness

What happened to this world we live in? In what world will a person, a civilian, ever need to have a gun that will fire over 100 rounds of ammunition in rapid succession? And to need to use that gun at an Elementary school? A place where we, as parents, are supposed to feel good about leaving our children. A place that our children can feel safe with their teachers and peers.

My heart is broken.

I am not a parent of a school-age child. But it makes me want to run, all the same, and scoop up my 20 month old and kiss her all over her sticky face. To hold her and squeeze her until she wriggles out of my grasp.

I want to cry for those parents.

The image of the terror on those young faces will forever be imbedded in my mind.

My prayers go out to the families in CT ... their lives will be forever changed.

No comments: